Superman to the Rescue!

Superman to the Rescue!

Friday, February 19, 2010

Not Good

Here it is just after 4 a.m. and I'm blogging, this is not good!

It just so happens that this is the second night in a row that Isaac has decided to sleep four hours straight. Now normally this would be a good thing...but tonight (or this morning, however you choose to look at it) this pattern isn't working for me!

It started out with a whimper/cry at about 1 a.m. (approximately 2 hours since his last bottler) I got up and gave Isaac his pacifier so I could make a quick pit stop before settling in for 20 minute feeding frenzy. Well wouldn't you know when I got back in the room he was sound asleep! This however is not an unusual occurrence, he will normally wake back up after 15 or 20 minutes more sleep. So I took this time to go ahead and get his bottle ready so when his tummy finally said "FEED ME!" I would be ready with minimal fuss! The minutes ticked by and it was pretty clear he was going to stay asleep for awhile longer, so I went back to bed. Of course, I couldn't get back to sleep, I was sure as soon as I did he would wake up, so I laid there and tossed and turned, making a grocery list (which I will never remember) and thinking it was time to do a little updating on the old blog...

The big moment finally arrived a little after 3 a.m. (something like a total of 4 hours and 15 minutes!) I was ready and thankfully the formula had not yet gone past it's "okay to drink" stage! Isaac began filling his tummy in earnest and then...

BAM...a HUGE gas bubble hit, exploded or whatever those things do...formula was all over Isaac, me and the chair! I calmly said Justin's name, and thankfully he heard me and came to check on us. Needless to say, Isaac and I both got cleaned up and into new pajamas. (Just to make sure it wasn't more than a gas bubble, Justin took his temperature and I waited an extra 25 minutes after giving him the last of the bottle to see if it came up too, it did not, whew!)

So after that I think you can see why it might be hard to sleep now! But I better get in there and at least try...who knows if it will be 1 hour or 3 more hours before we try to do it all over again!

2 comments:

  1. sorry you had a rough night - it's awful when you want to sleep, the baby's sleeping adn you can't! Hope it was just a gas bubble and he's feeling good today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully Friday was uneventful and everyone was feelin' fine...if not a little tired! M

    ReplyDelete