Superman to the Rescue!

Superman to the Rescue!

Sunday, May 13, 2012

May, Mulberries and Other Meanderings

May has been so nice weather wise, we have been enjoying more time out doors. I guess we have to soak it up while we can...summer will be along soon! Isaac has been perfecting his work in the pastel chalk medium. The backyard has become his canvas of choice as of late!



We have also discovered a love of mulberries! At first he wasn't so sure about the "bug" things that were on his trees. Once we explained that they were berries and that once they turned dark purple you could eat them, he was a little more intrigued! This would be our first mistake when dealing with mulberries. Our second was turning our backs!

One evening Isaac and I were out inspecting the grounds and looking for weeds to pull. We got over to the corner with the mulberry trees and we sampled a few berries off the tree. I also explained to him that the ones that had already fallen off the tree should be left on the ground and not eaten. I thought this conversation had sunk in...third mistake. I moved off to another section of the "garden" and thought my little shadow was right beside me. I glanced over my shoulder and saw one little boy squatting and shoving as many mulberries as he could into his mouth. The end result was a purple face, purple hands and one interesting diaper the next evening! (The mulberries were located under the bird feeder...you can only imagine the amount of birdseed in that diaper!)

Looks pretty innocent doesn't he!?

Mimi and Papa decided to get a "My First Trampoline" for Ava, Isaac and Eden. With the girls coming for a visit this weekend, they decided that it was time to put this bad boy together! So the Graham men got to work!

You can see the determination in all their faces!

Isaac was already in love with the trampoline and he didn't even know what it would do!

Unfortunately by the time this little project was done it was to dark to take and pictures of the inaugural jumps. And I didn't have my camera handy the next two times we did some jumping. But rest assured I will eventually get pics of the finished project!

As hinted above, the Howertons came to town for Mother's Day weekend. One of the most exciting happenings is that Ava got to hang out with us. We went out to dinner for Nana's birthday, and then went to Traci's house to play for a little while. It was very strange driving around with two toddlers in the back seat. 

It was pretty humorous listening to them talking to each other in the backseat. I'm pretty sure that neither one of them were really listening to the other one, but they were having a great time! On the way back to our house Ava exclaimed that she wanted to go outside. Isaac then calmly explained that it was to dark to go outside. But apparently Ava was just not getting it, she just kept saying "Outside, outside, outside." Isaac just kept on trying to explain why that wasn't going to happend and finally got a little fed up and said something to the effect of "Ava are you not listening to me?!?!"  Needless to say, it was all Justin and I could do to not burst out in belly laughter! 

Thankfully Ava started listening and they had a great time playing and watching a movie!



No comments:

Post a Comment